Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paper Piecing @ 4Crafty Chicks


Well today marks my final guest designer project at 4 Crafty Chicks, I have loved working with these wonderfully talented ladies!!! They have made me really channel my inner creativity to create projects during my guest spot. Please make sure to follow 4 Crafty Chicks and these ladies on their blogs if you are not as you will be inspired Lori, Leanne, Melissa, & Tamie.

Now I hardly ever paper pierce, when it comes to sewing on my projects its "faux" all the way! So I was kinda in a rut trying to find my mojo for this project, whatever was I going to do.  Well I started doing a little blurfing on the internet and found a card to "case"- little did I know it happened to be one of Melissa's masterpieces that inspired me (thanks Melissa).  You can see her card here.

So I did a little retail therapy and got this new gorgeous paper I used by Authentique, it's a 6 x6 bundle and called Gathering.  This is my first time using papers from this company, but I can say I am in love!!! I used sold cardstock from CTMH in sunset and inked my edges with sorbet ink (don't have sunset pad yet). I pierced everything around the edges, my sentiment is a freebie I picked up from Sentimental Sundays called Elena's sentiments. Now I added some flowers using my fave Die-Namics Mini Rose die and the black leaves are from my EK Success border punch.

Come join the challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks as there is a great prize up for grabs and while your there leave some love for the girls!!!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
AI Factory-Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz-Anything Goes
Digi Doodles Shop-Anything Goes
Case Study- case card
PaperCrafting Journey- use a digi
The Outlawz POM- Anything Goes

12 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

This is such an elegant card - I love it.
Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week xx

Aimes said...

Gorgeous colours - I love your inked edges!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week! :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Doreen said...

A stunning card, love the distressed edges.Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle this week.xxx

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

beautiful Thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz with our 'Anything goes' challenge! good luck carlyann xx (Charisma Cardz DT/Owner)

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and I love that paper. Glad you joined us for the anything goes challenge at AiFactory this week.

Linda said...

Authentique makes so beautiful papers. I love that sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Best Challenges, Linda

Ani said...

Beautiful card! So elegant!
Hugs, Ani
I have a giveaway on my blog in case you are interested - http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

laney said...

Super card Christy thank you for playing the Charisma challenge this time, hope to see you play again soon
hugs
laney

Mynnette said...

Such a stunning card--the sentiment and little flowers are awesome! :) This is just stupendous!!! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully elegant...those rolled roses are just beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Perfect layering, gorgeous card!

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Hey Christy!
LOVE that digi!
Thanks for playing along with Paper Crafting Journey!
Love, Laura PCJDT