Monday, February 21, 2011

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #55-Break Tradition

It's challenge day again over at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog and today we are "Breaking Tradition."  Yes that's right no more of those regular 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards we make all the time.  We are challenging you to step out the your box and try something new - make a project using a fold that is new to you or that you rarely ever use! Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Wink Wink Ink and the winner will receive a $15 voucher to use in their shop! 

 Wink Wink Ink was nice enough to provide each of our DT members with an image to use and I chose Rainy Day, isn't this little guy adorable? Makes me think of those April showers that are just around the corner letting us know spring has arrived. I printed image on cream colored cardstock and colored him with copics.

I decided to make an easel card and followed the instructions over at Splitcoast Stampers, which can be found here.  Once again I raided my paper stash, the polka dots is from my old DCWV stack.  The saying and cute lil' rubber boots are courtesy of Stampendous stamp set called Rainy Day Changito.  The scallop around my image is a new set of Nestabilities called lacey circles.  A little ribbon and button, as well as inking edges of everything courtesy of CTMH products.

Come join us and show us your non-traditional fold cards and check out the rest of our talented DT ladies projects here.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Adorable, Christie! Such pretty colors and a great easel fold! So very well done!

Hugs,
Lorie