Monday, April 9, 2012

Craft Your Passion #105: Shaped cards


Batter up!  I just loved this image from Kenny K with 2 baseball players in my home, so I knew it was perfect for my project this week at Craft Your Passion.  This week is all about shaped cards and so I decided to try my hand at creating my base to look like home plate. Well after many attempts I finally settled for this one, not quite right but close enough. I dug into my scraps for the all-star paper which I picked up at Hobby Lobby when on sale!  Of course now became the task of how to color the image, since I have one boy wearing black and gold (Tigers) and one wearing blue/black/white (Dirtbags) how would I ever decide.  Well in the end my little guy won out, since he chose to help!  I kept this one nice and simple with no sentiment that way I could use as needed for a coaches gift or birthday card for one of players in future!

Make sure to check out the blog as our design team has "hit it out of the park" this week with their shaped cards!

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Wonderful Card! GReat Job!
-Sony

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome card, Christy. Love the Home Plate shape idea, that is really clever.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness Christy, this is terrific. TFS.