Friday, October 9, 2009

Project Christy: VCD Chminey Santa Clipboard


Here is a project I made using the new Chimney santa image from
Victoria Case Designs. I was super excited when Victoria asked me to make a tutorial to feature on her blog, so here it is! Also I noticed I had forgot to add his buttons before taking picture so those were added after and I decided I liked his gloves better colored black so I changed that too!

Supplies:
1 clipboard (mine measures 11.25 x 9)
1 sheet 12 x12 paper (I used Basic Grey Figgy Pudding Balsam)
White cardstock- 1 piece 4 ½ x 5 ¾ and scrap piece for extra holly leaves
Chimney Santa VC digital image (5 x 7)




Copics- I used the following colors:
RV29/R27/R59 for Santa suit
EOO/E21/E51 for skin
G99/G21/YG67 for holly leaves
Y71 for belt buckle
R20 for cheeks
100 for gloves, belt, and outlining
C1 & C3 for all hair and outlining white pieces on suit/hat
E33 for banner & chimney
(I also used R59 & C3 for bricks on chimney)
Ribbon, white glitter, 3 grey buttons, and bling for berries
Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye
QuicKutz Dear Santa embossing folder


Cut your paper to fit your clipboard, in order to cover entire clipboard I had to cut 3 pieces. My main piece is 11 ¼ x 9 and I cut to smaller pieces 2 x 2 7/16, then I rounded bottom corners of main piece and outside corners of smaller pieces. Run your white cardstock in embossing folder through the Cuttlebug and then did same thing with a small scrap piece . Tear edges of Dear Santa piece and distress with ink. Color extra holly leaves and cut out.

I had to attach to smaller pieces like this and then attach other piece.

Color Chimney Santa image and cut out, add glitter to all white parts of Santa suit and hat, add little dots to his cheeks with white gel pen. Add buttons on buttons of image and bling to berries on Dear Santa piece. Attach Dear Santa list and Chimney Santa image to clipboard. Cut ribbon strips and tie to top of clipboard.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable!! I love this!! I think clipboards are so much to make!! :) HUGS