Saturday, November 14, 2009

DZ Doodles New Release Day!!!


It's another new release day at DZ Doodles and Diane has once again created some fabulous images. I got the pleasure of working with this cute candy cane image and wanted to do something a little different. The box is a one sheet box, directions can be found on Splitcoast Stampers. I used papers/ribbon from CTMH jingle pack, image is colored with copics. On the inside of my box I put peppermints and the image is like a card.

On the inside it says:

I once knew a gardner who knew how to grow
Bright tasty candies, right out of the snow
I asked him to share his secret with me
And this is what he replied quite readily
To garden in winter is difficult you see
It takes lots of care and a very special seed
I'll give you a couple to grow your own treats
And you'll soon reap a harvest of candy cane treats.

As Diane mentioned on blog please do some sort of charity work this holiday season. If you are interested in joining the cardmaking effort of making Cards for Soldiers to send home to their loved ones, please contact me at micahzane@yahoo.com. I would love to have you join my team and will be posting a challenge with some blog candy soon!

Supplies:
Image: DZ Doodles
Copics: R20/R29/G21
Papers: CTMH jingle pack
Miscellaneous:CTMH juniper ribbon, poem

3 comments:

Stampin2day said...

Just adorable! Love the ribbon and the design!
Hugs,
Barbara

Tammy said...

This is fabulous Christy!! I love the poem on the inside! You did perfect for being a last minute wonder!!!! Hehe!!! Hugs!!!

Stef H said...

absolutely fabulous! even those mints look great!

and i love the poem.

hugs,