Friday, September 10, 2010

Special 9/11 Blog Hop-Never Forget!



Welcome to our special 9/11 Blog Hop with The Stamping Boutique we are honouring those that are fighting the war after the affects of 9/11. If you have come here from Collette's Blog you are on the right track!

Operation Write Home collects cards made by stampers/cardmakers from all over the world, these cards are used by the troops to send home to their friends and loved ones. This is a cause very near and dear to my heart, as I was involved in a similar project through the Cricut MB called Cards for Soldiers. I was a shipper for several years for the Central time zone until recently until my life just got too busy. The cards and letters received from those that I sent packages to on behalf of the team of men/women that sent cards to me was overwhelming, it's amazing how something so simple that we all take for granted can help our troops and put smiles on their faces. I always got these tremendous thank you's for sending cards, when we should be the one thanking them for all they do1 It's really does help boost moral, so please think about sending those cards to someone that can use them and would definitely appreciate your efforts!

For my card today I chose to work with the ribbon image, which you can grab over at TSB Challenge Blog. I colored the image with copis and found this paper in my stash, cardstock is CTMH. The black stars are bling that I got at Michael's and I wrote Never Forget on the ribbon. On the inside of my card, I printed this poem on vellum that I found here.



How about a little candy? Leave me a comment and I will randomly pick someone to win 3 digi images from The Stamping Boutique! Now head on over to Debbie's Blog to see her wonderful project!

Blog Hop order:
Collette
Christy-you are here!
Debbie
Genevieve
April
Stacie
Lorie
Marie
Jenn R.
Jan
Jenn M.
Amanda
The Stamping Boutique

18 comments:

Collette said...

Wonderful job!

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Oooh! That poem! I bookmarked it! It's PERFECT!

Lorie said...

Love the card and that poem brought tears to my eyes!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Fabulous card!

Debbie said...

This card is so touching! The poem is wonderful and the texture and colors are just perfect!

Joyce said...

Great job...with feeling!

Unknown said...

Fabulous as always, my friend.

Jennifer McGee said...

Lovely poem, and a great card.

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

So sweet... love it!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. TFS.

bcriminger said...

Love the background!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. The poem is a tear- jerker. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones 9-11-01 and during the ensuing war on terror. My thanks and best wishes also go out to those families who have military serving in harm's way today.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Thanks for sharing your cards for this hop!

cardmaking bird said...

Wonderful card, Cristy. So simple but the effect is quite poignant for obvious reasons. Marie x

Carley said...

Thank you so much for remembering and all the things you have done for our troops. It does bring smiles to their faces as I grew up with one my entire life. My daddy missed a lot of things in my childhood because of the military but I will never forget the sacrifices he made for our country. I love the card you made! We will never forget!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous... Thank youso much for sharing.. the poem was amazing.

Andrea said...

beautiful work! Lovely poem!

Brook said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.