Sunday, June 12, 2011

Challenge Masters- Scrapping The Boys

It's the 2nd Sunday of the month  so that means time for me to host the Scrapping The Boys challenge over at Challenge Masters. So for this month's challenge I want to see layouts of those special guys "Having some Summer Fun!" This can be a favorite activity like a baseball game, fishing, swimming, or maybe it's BBQing or eating an ice cream cone. How about a vacation or special trip planned for summer.

For my layout I have created a "Summer Bucket List" for my 6 year old Lucas. Lucas is always saying how he has nothing to do or is bored, so I thought I would create this fun layout that he could write what he would like to do this summer. I plan on taking a picture of him to put on mat at top and on bottom box he will write what he wants to do this summer. I think this is a great way to commererate this summer and will be fun to look back on how his writing changes over years. I am going to make a 2nd page that we can put pictures as he completes the items on his "bucket list."

So far his bucket list includes:

1. Reading 100 books

2. Playing croquet

3. Running his first 5K

I had so much fun creating this layout and actually broke out my Cricut to create the title using Sesame Street font cartridge.  Isn't that pail adorable?  It's from the Simply Charmed cartridge.  I have inked the edges of my pattened paper and pieces on sand pail with CTMH Cocoa ink.  The pattened paper is from a Storyteller's kit and I distressed the edges of some of my papers using the Tonic distresser I picked up at Archiver's this weekend.

Now what a you waiting for dig out those pics of your special guys "Havin' some summer fun" and come join us at Challenge Masters. 

1 comment:

Miss Sue said...

Turned out really cute! Can hardly wait to see it with the pics!!