Sunday, February 8, 2009

SSC #18- Crafts 4 Eternity/Daring Cardmakers/Cute Card Thursday





Another fabulous sketch this week over at Crafts 4Eternity, come join the challenge and see the DT's fabulous cards!

Here is my take on sketch! Patterned fan paper is from DCWV Far East mat stack, other purple paper with dragonflies is from stack but I stamped the dragonflies using CTMH pansy purple ink. All other papers are from my stash as well as ribbon. Love stamp in corner is from a 6 pack of Asian stamps I have made by Stampcraft. The geisha image is a digital stamp from The Greeting Farm- isn't she cute?

Not only does this card work for C4E challenge, but it also fulfills the challenge at Daring Cardmakers. The challenge is :

Oriental Splendour-details below from site.

I would like you to make a card with an Oriental influence and the ‘Take Away’ I referred to is the twist in the tail.

When ever Oriental is mentioned most people, including myself immediately reach for Red and Black so I’m taking them away from you and removing them from the pallet of colours that you can use on your card.

This card also fulfills the challenge over at Cute Card Thusday. Challenge was to use something metallic on your card, I used brads and heart-shaped pin in geisha's hair.

Supplies
Paper: DCWV Far East stack, stash
Inks:CTMH pansy purple
Stamps: geisha- The Greeting Far, dragonflies-old CTMH set, Love-Stampcraft
Tools: ATG, 2 1/2 scallop circle punch, 2 circle punch, threading water punch
Miscellaneous: pop dots, heart-shaped pin, brads, ribbon, chipboard

7 comments:

michele said...

Gorgeous card Christy, My fave colours!!! I loved the little detail in the geisha's hair!
hugs mx

pinky said...

Christy such a beautiful card, love the bow and the little geisha is so pretty.
Pinky

kc_froglady said...

what a darling card! Love the geisha stamp :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Anya you have created here! Love the lace in her hair - great! Thanks for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn x

SueH said...

I really love the subdued colours of your card Christy and the little Geisha is so cute.

Thanks for joining in with the DCM dare this week.
Sue
x

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the sweet image and the pretty paper and ribbon treatment.
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!
Have a great evening, Debx

Anna Sutherland said...

What a great job on the Daring Cardmakers challenge. I looked at this one and put it in the to hard basket. Keep up the great work and welcome to SBS27.