Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shannon's Sentiments Challenge #21


It's challenge time again at Shannon's Sentiments and is our hostess this week Kapree and she would like us to an animal on our projects.  I just love this chick image from the Easter Time set, it is so versatile and can be used for all kinds of occasions.  I have done something a little different this week and combined 3 images together.

I started by opening my Paint.net program and inserting the pocket banner from Shout Out set, I then added the next layer which was my chicks.  I resized them and flipped the smaller one, then I added my sentiment (also from Easter Time set). Once I saved my new image together, I inserted it in to a word document and colored the image yellow.  I then changed the color to blue so I could paper piece my chicks, added a little Copic YR04 for beaks.  The paper is new stack my friend Heather got me for my birthday, she got it at Big Lots and it's from G.C.D. Studios.  Some ribbon and a little bling to finish it off!

Now head on over to the blog here to see what rest of team has done! Don't forget to sign up for our customer blog hop on the 22nd, all the details can be found here. We also have a design team call going on. You can find all the details at this post.


To play along, just add your post link to the Mr. Linky widget on the sidebar for the April challenges on Shannon's Sentiments blog. Mr. Linky will close for the month on Friday, May 6th at 11:59pm EST. Please don't include your link in just the comments....for fear it will get lost along the way and not counted toward the monthly prizes.

 The rules are the same as always.....
At the end of the month one $10 gift certificate to the Sentiments store will be given to one random winner picked from all participants each month. There will also be one free image ($3 value) given to the one player that participates the most each month. Rules:
1) You are encouraged to use an image from Shannon's Sentiments, but it's not required. (Check out the many freebies available at the store.)
2) Each player may contribute as many entries as they'd like for each challenge.
3) Blog posts must be linked back to the challenge post with your actual blog post, not your general blog link, or gallery link using the Mr. Linky widget. Links included in the comments section only will not be included in the monthly drawing.
4) Your entry must be new art created for this challenge. You can combine it with other challenges.

No comments: