Monday, August 8, 2011

Kaboodle Doodles-Primary Colors


School countdown is on and if you are like me you are doing all those last minute things to get the kiddos ready.  We start school on the 18th and this past weekend was "Tax Free" weekend, but I decided not to fight the masses and get in a little crafting.

This week at Kaboodle Doodles our challenge is all about "primary colors" and we have another wonderful sponsor.  Meljen's Designs has provided us with images to work with and the challenge winner will receive their choice of 4 images from their store.  I grabbed this adorable image called "artist mug", which I colred up with my copics.  I cut the contents of the mug out and layered them up on a second copy of image and then cut out entire image again.  These adorable papers are from the DCWV school stack and I used some new Nesties I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby for the red paper. For the finishing touch, I had my 6 yo Lucas write his teacher's name on mug (this is actually his Kindergarten teacher's name, but he wants to give her a card on the first day of school on his way to his new 1st grade class).

Come one over to Kaboodle Doodles and check out the rest of team's projects and share with us your projects using primary colors! 

4 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I love that your son wrote his teacher's name on the mug! so cute! and what wonderful papers! :) adorable card!

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Your son's writing was a wonderful touch! Great work with the layering too! Your son is so thoughtful for wanting to give his teacher a card. =)

Kath
Fellow Kaboodle DT
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Miss Sue said...

How sweet is that! You do such an awesome job in coloring....please help me! Hugs!

Kirsty said...

Very pretty! I love the colours and background paper is perfect!